Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Multi Domain LDAP plugin for osTicket v1.10-RC.2

So after many hours of had work I made a ldap plugin with support for multiple separate domains.

It even combines the searches as one search..

As you can see by the configuration plugin page each parameter is separated be a space or a "," or ";" the plugin loops through all LDAP domains until it it finds the user be name and authenticates the password.

The only minor bug is that if a user has the same login/username on both domains they can login ONLY as one user. I will get a workaround but this issue should be kinda rare.
I might have to force logins with emails or something..
If you are interested in testing it let me know.

Comments

• Not interested in testing, but keep up the good work.

My only suggestion would be to make a tab interface with a primary and a secondary config page for each ldap / domain instead of using "," or ";" to separate the LDAP servers, passwords, etc. This way you could also set the order in which the ldap servers are checked which would make troubleshooting maybe also a bit easier ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Its funny was thinking about doing that before releasing it .... but just been busy with some other plugins am I working on ... it woks so nice internally that I dont care .right now LOL
    BUT its something I know that needs to be done or I will have a headache later when  I release it.
  • Other issue is that I would have to build the tab interface and create a mechinism for it to work since there is nothing like that internally in OSticket.
  • Hmmm... that's a bit bad, but since I am not sooooo deep into the code and what is possible and what is not possible, I'm sure you'll find some other solution like a table or additional fields or similar ;)
  • Trust me I have an idea on how to do it... CSS and some JS majic .... we will see what the weekend holds :P
  • I am just taking a look at this plugin, I have followed the guide but as soon as it's installed I get these errors:

[Thu Oct 15 17:09:51 2015] [warn] [client ***] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function hasCustomConfig() on a non-object in ***/public_html/include/staff/plugin.inc.php on line 6, referer: http://***.co.uk/scp/plugins.php
    [Thu Oct 15 17:09:51 2015] [warn] [client ***] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function hasCustomConfig() on a non-object in ***/public_html/include/staff/plugin.inc.php on line 6, referer: http://***.co.uk/scp/plugins.php?id=1
    [Thu Oct 15 17:10:38 2015] [warn] [client ***] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function hasCustomConfig() on a non-object in ***/public_html/include/staff/plugin.inc.php on line 6, referer: http://***.co.uk/scp/plugins.php
    [Thu Oct 15 17:10:38 2015] [warn] [client ***] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function hasCustomConfig() on a non-object in ***/public_html/include/staff/plugin.inc.php on line 6, referer: http://***.co.uk/scp/plugins.php?id=1

Any ideas?

I am using 1.10 RC2 and the code off your GITHUB page.
  • In the browser I am getting a 500 error.
  • edited October 2015
    That is weired ... let me do a fresh install on my sandbox and see if I can duplicate the error.
  • I might have to add some default settings to avoid this error should be a simple fix ... during development I honestly dont think I ever done a fresh install.
  • Thanks, can you confirm which PHP version you advise as well please? We are using 5.3.10, which is ok as far as OS Ticket is concerned.
  • Ah right, just seen your message.

Is there anything we can do in the meant time, or should I wait for you to fix it?
  • Wait for a fix ... I did a update this morning that fixes other things but may not correct your problem .. I am actually making a "osticket sandbox" and check for first time install errors.
  • what version of osticket are you using? the one thing I forget to test is the 1.9 series since I use 1.10Rc2
  • We are using 1.10RC2, downloaded yesterday.

I have installed your update from this morning and it's not helped, just for your information.
  • If you turn off "mod_fcgid" do you get the same error? Let me know since I do not use this PHP mod.
  • Also let me knowif other plugins give that error is only mine.
  • Sorry for the delay I was taken onto another project urgently so had to drop this. I am back now though.

So, I have switched modes away from mod_fcgid and it made no difference. I have also tried to the OSTicket LDAP plugin which works ok (or should I say it doesn't stop the helpdesk loading, I haven't actually set it up).

Maybe I am doing this wrong so I am outlining it here:
    • I go to you Github page and download the zip file.
    • I extract the files and place the directory in public_html/include/plugins (file permissions are correct).
    • I then go to the plugins page in OSTicket and click install on your plugin.
    • It installs (I assume) and then everything after that I get empty pages (literally no code or anything).

The only way back after that is to rename the directory your files are in and it springs back to life.

When I load up the LDAP plugin from OSTicket I do note it's in a .phar format, does this make a difference?

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

• Ok I will try some things again

• Sorry I should point out I grabbed the latest build off Github this afternoon.

Is it because it's a blank config? Am I able to populate the details directly in the DB/a file?
  • Hello,

Will the plugin work on v1.9.14 ?

• It could but never tried it.