Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

OS Ticket 1.8.0.1 - previous search queries do not work anymore

hey everyone --

great product - really like what is happening here.  we just did an upgrade from 1.7 to 1.8 and found one little issue.

previously a few of us had dedicated links that we used to narrow down tickets by department -- this submitted a search query to osticket via a link like:

it appears that the new system when doing a search creates a set of results and give us a link like:

the problem is that the previous link was dynamic and the new one will always return the same set.  is there any way of getting the old functionality back via a direct search link?

thanks!

Comments

• i added this around line 84 of include/staff/tickets.inc.php:

if (isset($_REQUEST['deptID'])) {
        $qwhere .= ' AND ticket.dept_id='.db_input($_REQUEST['deptID']);
        $qstr .= '&deptID='.urlencode($_REQUEST['deptID']);
    }

now i can query by deptID :)

• Thank you!

This is an issue we've come across as well. It's rather unconvenient, as our installation of osTicket is used to serve 6 departments between 18 staff members.

In osTicket 1.6 RC4 we had great use of making custom shortcuts/favourites to quickly access open tickets for the departments. Last weekend we upgraded to 1.8.1.2, and the shorcuts/favourites are not working anymore.

I will give this fix a try this instant:-)
  • Quick comment:

Added your code on line 86, the line under the already existing "if (isset"-codeblock.

http.//urltoourticketsystem/scp/tickets.php?status=open&deptID=X

,where X is a number, sorts open (not answered) tickets from that department.

PS: Be sure to use deptID, not deptId, as URL's are case-sensitive.

Thank you so much for this, it was of great use!:)
  • it-panda -- im glad it worked out!  and yes typo on my end, my links do have deptID but not in my example! :)
  • anyone search by custom list value?
  • @Dusza if you have a question or a problem please start your own thread instead of zombing an old one.
This discussion has been closed.