Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Merge Tickets

I'd like to see an option to merge tickets where appropriate.  We use emails to generate tickets, and it's inevitable that an occasional email reply generates a new ticket rather than appending to an existing one. We'd like the ability to merge the new ticket into the one that it should be part of.

And while we're at it, it would be great if merging does not break the links that were sent out via email -- that is, it can be accessed via either link.

And a related suggestion--
It would be nice to link tickets to prior ones that are "related" -- that is, same underlying issue but different incidents. For example, 5 users report a printing problem that turns out to be all related to the same print server.  These could be marked as "related" and the same corrective action applied to the whole batch at once.

Jack

Comments

• I think this is an absolutely necessary feature of a ticketing system.  Not sure why it's never been included in official releases.  I don't trust mods enough to go messing around with that.
  • We need this important feature too.
  • Excellent suggestion !!
  • But you can make a new ticket whit the merged ones, close all merged tickets and in the close reply put the number of the new merged ticket.

• But you can make a new ticket whit the merged ones, close all merged tickets and in the close reply put the number of the new merged ticket.
    You could. For that matter, you could keep all your requests on post-it notes.

Other systems have this feature built-in (Request Tracker by Best Practical, for example).

Jack
  • Hi I found a bug, when merging there is a error mail

[INSERT INTO ost_ticket_thread SET   ticket_id=2878, source="Web", created=NOW(), thread_type="M", poster="SYSTEM", body=CONCAT("Merged with ticket ",  ( SELECT number from ost_ticket where ticket_id='' ));]

Column 'body' cannot be null<br />
    <br />

but it works.