Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] upgrade to Latest Release

current: 1.9.0
upgrade: 1.9.3

I would like to upgrade but I have no idea how to approach this task...I have 500+ tickets currently with a bit or customization and I don't want to loose anything so I am seeking assistance.. Maybe what to do first..

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Ok, beside the wiki (www.osticket.com/wiki) here's a little guide how to upgrade:

1. BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!
    Really important!
    Backup the mysql database and also backup the osTicket installation directory.

2. Take the helpdesk offline (Admin Panel -> Settings -> System -> Helpdesk Status -> Offline)

3. Download osTicket 1.9.3 (http://www.osticket.com/download is recommended/official download page)

4. Extract the 1.9.3 archive

5. Copy all files from the folder "upload" over your osTicket installation directory

6. Login to /scp with an admin account

7. Database upgrade
    A) IF there are any updates that need to modify the database, you will now be redirected to the upgrader (/scp/upgrade.php)
    B) IF NOT, no upgrader is appearing, you should navigate to Admin Panel -> Dashboard -> Information and see the new osTicket version there.

8. Take back the helpdesk online (Admin Panel -> Settings -> System -> Helpdesk Status -> Online)

9. TEST, TEST, TEST. Now it's time to test if everthing is ok. Important step at the end. You can e.g. create a ticket through web, email, api (if used), in the scp, reply to a open ticket, and so on to make sure everything works like it should. Beside that check the osTicket logs (Admin Panel -> Dashboard -> System logs) and maybe your PHP / Webserver logs if everything is ok.

10. Done. You did the upgrade (:
  • Thank you ...everything worked fine ...
  • I'm glad that you got things sorted.  I'm going to close this thread and mark it as resolved.
    Please feel free to start a new thread if you have another question, comment, etc.
This discussion has been closed.