osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
"New Message Alert" never sends email
I have a new installation that I'm testing before go-live. Having an issue where I, the agent, as not receiving a New Message Alert email. Steps to reproduce:
Prerequisite: No agents logged into SCP
1. User "email@example.com" sends email to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
2. Cron runs, retrieves email, User and Agent get New Ticket Email.
3. Agent logs in and assigns to himself -> this step isn't necessary as the ticket is auto-assigned to agent's team.
4. User replies to New Ticket Email with "here's some more information...."
5. Cron runs, retrieves email, Agent (still not logged into SCP), never receives a New Message Alert email.
System Logs: nothing about this -> running in Debug
Apache 2.4.25 running behind Nginx reverse proxy
PHP Extensions: All checked except APCu
I have also ensured that the New Message Alert is enabled in Settings > Tickets > Alerts and Notices > New Message Alert (enabled, Last Respondent checked, Assigned Agent / Team checked).
I have also ensured that the New Message autoresponder for the department that this ticket belongs to is not disabled in Agent > Departments > Autoresponder Settings > New Message (not checked).