Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Help topic limitations

Here's a small modification that will allow you to limit help topics on the new ticket page to certain users and/or organizations.

NOTE
You will need to alter the help topic table using the sql file (https://github.com/Micke1101/osTicket/blob/Help-topic-limitations/help topic db modifications.sql) and this can make it so you won't be able to upgrade once a new version is released unless you remove the 2 columns that are added (islimited, limitations).

Comments

• Attachments didn't follow for some reason
    3.png
    888 x 545 - 48K
    2.png
    1014 x 862 - 53K
    1.png
    910 x 556 - 49K
  • I like the idea of this.  Have you considered limiting by Role(s) or Organization(s)?
  • Organizations should already be available, i was thinking of maybe adding a option for guests aswell because now it'll reject all guests if it's limited but maybe you want to limit an option to guests only?

The only other roles that i could think of is account manager and primary contact but then that will apply to all selected options, so maybe it would be wiser to move it into a new tab and have it as a table instead.
  • When creating a Help Topic you could select which Roles/Organizations/Departments etc have access to see and chose that Help Topic. (I realize that might require a re-write of your code)