osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
OSTicket v1.10 Merge / Duplicate Ticket mods attached
I am attaching a Merge modification for OSTicket v1.10 (901e5ea).
- The replacement PHP files.
- The SQL needed (if you changed your ost prefix from ost_ to something else then you will need to modify the sql file)
The Merge Ticket functionality basically sets up a master/child ticket relationship.
- You can merge two tickets by opening the child ticket, entering the maser ticket number and clicking MERGE.
- You can merge multiple children into a master by simply selecting multiple tickets, entering the master ticket number and clicking MERGE.
- You can not merge a "master ticket" into another "master ticket" or a "child ticket" into multiple "master tickets". It is just a "master" / "children" relationship.
- Viewing either the master or child tickets includes a "Relations" tab where you can see all the related tickets.
- You can delete the links between master and child tickets from the master ticket.
Couple of notes..
- This is NOT the final version. I will post the rest of the code when it becomes available.
- If you select multiple child tickets and click MERGE it will fail if one of the children are already assigned to a master ticket. The dev is working to resolve this by putting up a warning but merging the remaining tickets.
- The developer is also working to add a "duplicate ticket" button for the ticket view. This will allow us to take an existing ticket and split it into 2 then delegate out the appropriate workload between staff members or departments.
Attached are some screenshots in case you were curious what it looks like.
If any of the links/files are missing and you need a copy then please PM me. I will share them with you.
The coding work was done to our specification by Martynas Miniots. Please contact him if you need any customization for your project.