Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Resizing form data field to hold many addresses

Hello, I am trying to list many addresses/location for the user to select from the landing page when opening up a ticket and I cannot find the right location in the PHP name to update in the form area? I ideally would like to place thousands of addresses (because they are normalized) as it will make our searches and reporting very structured. Screen shots below... 
Server Information
osTicket Versionv1.9.14 (8b927a0) —  Up to date
Web Server SoftwareApache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
MySQL Version5.6.33
PHP Version5.5.34

Comments

• form screen shot
    osTicket Question Field Resizing.JPG
    2143 x 1435 - 360K
  • You would have to change the source to achieve this, and this isn't something that I have ever tried to do so I'm not real sure how you would go about doing it.  Anyone else?
  • Hello fflorentine,

can you build a dummy // example, for me not clear you want ... sorry

A picture is OK :-)

Best Regards
    citrixraptor
  • Thanks everyone for the reponses!! Here is what I did to increase table. Size... Changed the db table os-form_field  "configuration" from text to "longtext" and then was able to add 18K addresses that the resident or agent can select from. This was HUGH for me to get working. 
    table adjustment osTicket.JPG
    2516 x 710 - 260K
  • Hello fflorentine,

>> ... 18K addresses ...
    Wow ...

Have you check the performance (mysql // web server)?!

Best Regards
    citrixraptor
  • Good catch! the performance went through the floor. I had to do this differently due to the page loading timeouts. 
  • Hello fflorentine,

perhaps a idea: MOD the page and build a ajax solution for the addresses/location
    selection ... the agent start with ... for example:

Arbor ...

and the ajax solution give you/agent:

"Arbor Lake Park 15300 block of Will-Cook Road"

Put all speci. Addresses in a own mysql tab.

Best Regards
    citrixraptor