Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Time Tracking, Merge Tickets, cc as From, and more

To suit my needs, I've created a number of modifications to the source code. The entire package update package is available at my website:

http://www.davebour.com/misc/replacement_files.zip

See my website, professional, osticket section for the latest collection of updates I've made. Please note, these are not yet supported in the official package and are based on the 1.6RC4 package. As this changes, I'll update accordingly.

http://davebour.com/osticket/index.php

So far...the following features have been added:

Time tracking - notes and responses have a date/time/type tracking though no reporting yet. I'm doing manual SQL queries from phpMyAdmin to dump my data to my existing database in M$ Access which tracks client activity (and service contracts, etc).

Merge Tickets...self explanitory...take the existing ticket and move it's data to new ticket... see my web site for more details

cc as From ...Being my company is small (myself, 2 other techs), people frequently call..except I'm on the road..hence an email to my "helpdesk" email and cc' the individual calling, produces a ticket with the "originator" as the ticket owner, even though I sent the email.

Modify Header Info...Since people often make no sense in submitting their tickets, I created a "modify header' that allows me to change the email, name and subject header. It doesn't allow me to change any existing ticket data though..so as submitted, it stands unless I manually edit it via SQL.

Staff Panel - Assigned to - show who is assigned to ticket next to user name (in brackets)

Staff Panel - Modified column - with sort capability

Staff Panel - Status - if the client name is caps - open, if lower case, ticket closed. Easy way to see without tying up screen real estate to show a status.

As I've stated in other posts, use these updates at your own risk. I'm not big on documentation (even in my code) though our fine developer has done a great job ...making emulating their code easy enough to follow...Please backup your data first...Feel free to drop a line at my website's contact me (http://davebour.com/contact.html) or PM me here (assuming I'll get an email... if you haven't heard from me in a day or so...check my web site's contact me section).

Please read the notes at my web site for a couple caveats... The latest updates will always be at the link above. On that, take care and thank you all for your contributions to make this such a great package.
Dave

Comments

• Need more project tracking features?

Depending what users here need for time tracking on projects, they might want to look at the Project & Billing software from Replicon. It's web-based, integrates with MS Project and QuickBooks (or any app with an open API), and includes very powerful, customizable reports.
  • Missing some details

Hi Dave,

Great your updates in this forum some things I really needed extra in the ticketing system..

Though I have some questions over here.

I know php.. more or less as also the Mysql database software more or less so please do not get too tecnical..

If neccessery please do so.. I will try to get some help with one of my colleagus.

So Updated with your replacement files and in first place it seems fine:

Although in merging tickets one would expect that there are some tickets to choose... to merge.. which is not the case.

Most urgent for me was though the cc field which i do no seem to see

Am I missing something over here?

Thanks for your reply!
  • forwarding to helpdesk

Hi Dave

Nice post, really useful info.
    Just need a little help. Have just started using osticket and made a few easy mods so far, so just still finding my way.

You described the scenario perfectly as clients often email me or colleagues direct rather than the helpdesk.

I want to be able to pick out the originating email address as the requester not the forwarder.
    Which php files am i looking for in your zip file for this mod?
    Thanks Steve
  • dcbour;3720 said:
    To suit my needs, I've created a number of modifications to the source code. The entire package update package is available at my website:

http://www.davebour.com/misc/replacement_files.zip

See my website, professional, osticket section for the latest collection of updates I've made. Please note, these are not yet supported in the official package and are based on the 1.6RC4 package. As this changes, I'll update accordingly.

http://davebour.com/osticket/index.php

So far...the following features have been added:

Time tracking - notes and responses have a date/time/type tracking though no reporting yet. I'm doing manual SQL queries from phpMyAdmin to dump my data to my existing database in M$ Access which tracks client activity (and service contracts, etc).

Merge Tickets...self explanitory...take the existing ticket and move it's data to new ticket... see my web site for more details

cc as From ...Being my company is small (myself, 2 other techs), people frequently call..except I'm on the road..hence an email to my "helpdesk" email and cc' the individual calling, produces a ticket with the "originator" as the ticket owner, even though I sent the email.

Modify Header Info...Since people often make no sense in submitting their tickets, I created a "modify header' that allows me to change the email, name and subject header. It doesn't allow me to change any existing ticket data though..so as submitted, it stands unless I manually edit it via SQL.

Staff Panel - Assigned to - show who is assigned to ticket next to user name (in brackets)

Staff Panel - Modified column - with sort capability

Staff Panel - Status - if the client name is caps - open, if lower case, ticket closed. Easy way to see without tying up screen real estate to show a status.

As I've stated in other posts, use these updates at your own risk. I'm not big on documentation (even in my code) though our fine developer has done a great job ...making emulating their code easy enough to follow...Please backup your data first...Feel free to drop a line at my website's contact me (http://davebour.com/contact.html) or PM me here (assuming I'll get an email... if you haven't heard from me in a day or so...check my web site's contact me section).

Please read the notes at my web site for a couple caveats... The latest updates will always be at the link above. On that, take care and thank you all for your contributions to make this such a great package.
    Dave

Hello,

First of great work and thanks for sharing it! I was looking through your Merger mod and have seen it being used by many. I was thinking that the merger mod seems to be the most logical place to add a secondary feature to OSticket. Mergers is one item which is key the second would be ticket linking. You may not want to just merge the tickets you may wish to simply link them. An example of where this would be useful is in a severity instance where you get three calls in a short period of time. You then realize there is a larger issue so you chose one of the requesters as the master ticket and then link or link and close the others. My team and I are working out a way to build in detailed categorization into OSticket right now. Once we have done that we plan on adding the FAQ addon and then will begin to build out or mod this feature (that is if you don't beat us to it first)

Rich
  • I would recommend Replicon Ind - time billing software, as it makes the complete time tracking and project billing hassle free processes. It also provides in-depth time and project tracking statistics such as login time, logoff time, time on page/project/software/tool, etc. Its worth try.