Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Re-occurring tasks

Does anyone know if its possible or if its planned to have a re-occurring tasks feature?

This would be handy to have say a "Check backups task" or "Check server room for red lights task" automatically get created on set interval.

Comments

• Yes, it looks like a fair amount of work has gone into this feature which can be found here:

The most recent comment reads: "have rebased this branch on the upstream develop branch (v1.10.2). You should be able to check it out or deploy it and run the upgrader. Although, you should definitely try it in a test environment with a copy of your data first, do user acceptance testing, and then consider upgrading your production system"

I've never tried out this code myself. 

My guess would be yes, it is likely this feature is being considered for inclusion, however, I'm not sure at what version they might be aiming for this.
  • I really think that this type of thing should be a plugin. :)
    I haven't tried the linked code either.
  • I don’t think a plugin could do it, it would probably have to be a application, which i’ve yet to successfully get around to trying out.

But you could also trigger the api to create a task and then trigger it using the task scheduler for example on a windows server.
  • But you could also trigger the api to create a task and then trigger it using the task scheduler for example on a windows server.

The API currently only supports the creation of Tickets, not Tasks.
  • While the default setup does not, it’s a no brainer to create a small php script that will allow you to do the same for tasks or even enhance the capabilities.

Since custom development was already in the discussions i thought it would be worth mentioning since it’s the quickest alternative to get going quickly.