Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Issue

Hi 

General info:

osTicket Version: v1.9.14 (8b927a0)
Web Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
MySQL Version: 10.0.14
PHP Version: 7.0.15

We are experiencing and issue with user not being able to check their ticket status. When entering their email and the ticket number provided by the application and the receive the following error "Account confirmation required", if both the email and ticket number is valid what functionality trigger the error? 

This error only occur for a few user. 

Any suggestion?   

Comments

• Adding the image.
  • My guess is they registered for an account.  Got sent an account conformation email, and didn't click on the link to confirm their account.
  • That would make sense except that we are using "Active directory-LDAP" for authentification so no email is sent for account confirmation? 

Here is a question the first time the user go in the application an entries is created in the ost_user_account table,

id 379
    user_id 2112
    status 1
    timezone_id 8
    dst 1
    lang \N
    username
    passwd $2a$08$If04Fmis4Pz
    backend ldap.client
    registered 06/09/2017 15:40

A password is created and encrypted, our network force us to change our password every 3 month if the user password is change it would then be different from the one in that table could this affect the ability for a user to enter the system?
  • One bit of information that I forgot to enter is how this happen here is the workflow, The user want to verify one of his or her ticket they enter the email address and the ticket number that was provided by the system here we use the following format CSPS0001525SR click sign in the system send them an email with the link and when they select the link they are sent to the same sign in page as before with the following message in red "Account confirmation required"

Hope this help.
  • "A password is created and encrypted, our network force us to change our password every 3 month if the user password is change it would then be different from the one in that table could this affect the ability for a user to enter the system?"

We do the same thing here. My understanding is If you are using the ldap plugin then the system with attempt to auth against LDAP first, and then if it fails try to authenticate against the local (osTicket) system.  This password stored ni the DB is their local password when the account is created.

One difference between our setups is that we require users (our staff) to register for an account before they can open a ticket. It sounds like you're using guest accounts. We use adSync from software-mods.com to create all our user accounts from AD.

I dont have easy access to my DB right now (since Snowpocalypse 2018 redeux decided to hit new england USA) but I think the people that are having problems are using unconfirmed accounts.  If you go to the User Directory and click on their account the status field might give us a hint.  If it says "Locked (Pending Activation)" then I think thats the culprit and you might be able to click the down arrow and send them another confirmation email.

• After looking at both the front end and back end we figure that yes we are using the guest account and since we are using it no one should register an account when they do this is when they get lock out. Our fix will be to remove the create an account from the login page and make sure that all user have a status of 1 in the ost_user_account. 

Thanks for your help in trouble shooting this issue it was greatly appreciated.  
  • Very welcome.  I'm glad that I could help.