Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

pwreset.php not working

Hello,

I have no idea what I have done but I cannot access the pwreset.php link from the Client Login page: www.mywebsite.com/pwreset.php (it just sends be back to index.php. Any idea why?

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • @ntozier Most of that will not help you help me any better IMHO.

I might have misplaced some php code.

1. I try login as client at mywebsite.com/login.php
    2. Password fails (on purpose to test this ofc)
    3. "Forgot Password" link shows, if I hover the link the URL says "mywebsite.com/pwreset.php"
    4. I click that.
    5. I get redirected to mywebsite.com/index.php

What files are doing this redirect and what might I have done wrong to get this problem?
  • I would back up the site.
    download the distribution archive 
    and restore your site to default.  
    If it starts working again then you know its your misplaced code.

I have no idea what might be redirecting you.  You would have to search the code base for /pwreset.php
  • I don't remember the thread now, but i remember that there is a setting that suggests that it's only for agents to reset their passwords but it's actually for users, check if you've that disabled/enabled.