Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

assign expiration/locked date to customer accounts

Is it possible that you can have the options to assign expiration/locked date on the customers accounts ?

In software business, we will sometimes deactivate the customer's account when their maintenance is expired. Now we have to go through all the customers account every once for a while by human beings. Also, if it can inform the customers as well as the agent too about the expiration, that will be very helpful for maintaining accounts.

S-Y. Chen 

Comments

• You would probably have to make a plugin that will trigger on cron job.
    How should the plugin know what the expiration date is?
  • edited February 26
    That is why you will need a field in the account data for expiration date or other info.

Is is possible for the development team to add that ?

S-Y.Chen
  • Q: Is is possible for the development team to add that ?

A: You can add any custom fields that you want.  You do not need the Dev team to add them, just go to Admin panel -> Manage -> Forms -> Contact Information.
  • but how can i have the system automatically lock the account when it is expired ?
  • You would have to create a custom script that runs with cron. that checks if the account is expired and locks the account.
  • any good example I can follow or refer to ?
  • I would search the forums