Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Disable ticket updates by email? Require customers to use the osTicket UI instead.

osTicket v1.9.8.1

Our hosting company uses a support ticket system that doesn't allow for email updates.  When a ticket is updated, the customer gets notified by email like so:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Example.com's ticketing system!

We have replied to your ticket:

Ticket ID: 12345
Ticket Subject: Other Technical Issue
Posted on: 2017-11-20 09:23:03

You may review our reply and update the ticket if necessary from here: https://support.example.com/12345

Please
note that this is an automated notification and replying to this email
will not reach Example's mailbox. If you have any further questions,
please post them in your ticket from the aforementioned section.

Best regards,

Example.com

==

Is it possible to modify or configure osTicket to do something similar?

Thanks!

Comments

• Yup, there are two steps:
    1. If you have it turn on: Shut off POP/IMAP or Piping.
    2. Edit your Templates.
  • Thanks - I *think* I've got it now.  Couple of points for anybody else -
    1. Template to edit is the ticket.reply in the MySQL email_template table
    2. Uncheck "Strip Quoted Reply" in Email Settings and Options to remove the -- reply above this line --
  • edited January 6
    One other thing I just noticed - I'm using %{ticket.create_date} to time-stamp the original ticket creation, but would like to use a current time-stamp for the replies.  Is there a short code for that?
  • Figured it out!
    %{response.create_date}
  • Templates are at Admin panel -> Email -> Templates.
  • > Templates are at Admin panel -> Email -> Templates.

I don't know if it's just specific to my osTicket install, but modifying templates has no effect - I have to edit the MySQL to see anything change.  Been this way from the beginning and was quite the mystery to figure out where stuff was actually being drawn from.
  • Then you have a serious issue with your DB, DB user, or altered the core source files.  You're likely going to have more issue moving forward unless you address and rectify them.