Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Automatic Ticket Closure

I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but I can't find anything definitive.  

I want OSTicket to email a user after 2 weeks of them not replying, telling them the ticket will be closed in 7 days if they don't reply.  I then want it to close 7 days later if they haven't replied.  

Is there a way of doing this currently?  If not, is it likely to be implemented any time soon?

Cheers!

Comments

• I don't believe this is possible with the default setup but you could probably do this with a modified version of @Grizly s autocloser plugin: https://github.com/clonemeagain/plugin-autocloser
  • edited November 28
    With some settings you could do that with the Autocloser plugin.

Settings group 1: Open tickets with no activity for 14 days, send notice and change status to Pending (make a new status for this)
    Settings group 2: Pending tickets with no activity for 7 days, send closure notice and change status to Closed.

If they get to Pending it won't automatically put them back when/if they comment though, you could try using the status option "allow reopen" and select Open as the new status for it. That might work, haven't tried.
  • Great, thanks!