Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

notifications sent from wrong mailaddress

edited November 22 in General Discussions
Hi,

I noticed that mails to agents "should" be sent by "helpdesk-alerts@domain" (my config
But they are not. They are sent by "helpdesk@domain" ...

thus giving some noob agents the possibility to reply to that alert mails .... pfffff

What is the correct way to send notifications to agents ?

Comments

• This does not appear to be a Suggestion or Feedback.  Moving to Troubleshooting and Problems.

Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance. The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you. 

Version of osTicket?
    Mail configuration?
    screen shot of applicable screens? (Admin panel -> emails -> settings, Admin panel -> Agents -> departments)
  • Sorry for the wrong forum ...

v1.10.1 (9ae093d)

everything seems to work ok, BUT :
    if a new ticket is created from the mail queue
    - auto-reply to requeste is with the correct mailaddres (helpdesk@ in my case)
    - notification to agents is sent with helpdesk@ in stead off helpdesk-alerts@ wich is configured for that

• Mail configuration?
    screen shot of applicable screens? (Admin panel -> emails -> settings, Admin panel -> Agents -> departments)
  • let me try to explain ...
    - initial mail to helpdesk creates a ticket
      - auto-response to user from helpdesk
      - alert goes to agent(s) from helpdesk-alerts
    - additional mail to same ticket
      - alert goes to agent(s) from helpdesk-alerts

BUT :
    - agent replies from within OSTicket
      - response to user from helpdesk-alerts !!!!!!!
      - notification to agent(s) from helpdesk !!!!!

this is the wrong way around

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 19.53.12.png
    1338 x 1284 - 155K
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 19.54.50.png
    1322 x 1400 - 133K
  • If you look at Department, Auto-Response Email is set to helpdesk@.  Shouldn't that be helpdesk-alerts@?

Why wouldn't you want the agent to be able to email respond to the ticket?  I mean sure it only logs as an internal note, but that could be quite handy.
  • If I put Auto-Response to helpdesk-alerts@ , mails to the user are sent from that address.

If I wanted the agents to respond by email, that should be opt-in ...
    The way it works now, all of the 30 agents kan repond to a ticket without knowing that the ticket is allready answered by an other agent... In that way hi-jacking the ticket !
  • "If I wanted the agents to respond by email, that should be opt-in ..."
    That is your opinion and not the way that osTicket has worked. Ever.

"The way it works now, all of the 30 agents kan repond to a ticket without knowing that the ticket is allready answered by an other agent... In that way hi-jacking the ticket !"
    No they cannot.  Agent replies are internal notes.