Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

The "white death"

Hi all
I have had OsTicket up and running for a year now, problem free.
Yesterday I upgraded to version 10*

In the beginning all was OK. I could open admin and do some changes. All of a sudden some functions of Admin stopped to work.
After a couple of minutes ALL admin functions stopped to work. The customer ticket pages still works.

So i installed again. Same problem. So installed again. Same problem
Please help me out here. I like this program too much to dump it.

Comments

• Do you have any php error messages in your error log?
  • I would also recommend using php 5.6 for the case you are running a different version.
    Actually it is most compatible with the recent release of osTicket.
  • PHP Version 5.6.31
    No PHP error in my server log.
  • If a PHP error occurs (maybe in your case a bad one "white screen of death") an error message is written in the php log. Either you checked the wrong log or it is something different.

Can you make a screenshot what you see and check if there are other logs you have overseen?
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance. The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you. 

PHP Version?
    Webserver and Version?
    Database software and Version?

If you are getting a white screen then you have a PHP error.  You will either need to make sure that you have logging turned on in your php.ini and check the file that it logs to, or enable logging in the bootstrap.php and display the errors to the screen. If this is a shared host / webhost you might need to talk to support to get copies of the errors.