Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Issue after upgrading 1.9.14 to v1.10.1 (9ae093d)

Hello,

After upgrading it appears I cannot see the custom lists under items and add or modify the items. The errors I'm getting in the error log below in addition to the server details:

[01-Nov-2017 20:27:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: List indices should be integers in /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/class.util.php:149
Stack trace:
#0 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/class.forms.php(81): ListObject->offsetExists('state')
#1 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/class.list.php(1047): Form->getField('state')
#2 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/class.list.php(1078): TicketStatusList->getConfigurationForm()
#3 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/staff/templates/list-items.tmpl.php(64): TicketStatusList->getSummaryFields()
#4 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/staff/dynamic-list.inc.php(226): include('/home/provenda/...')
#5 /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/scp/lists.php(202): require('/home/provenda/...')
#6 {main}
  thrown in /home/provenda/public_html/dmt/include/class.util.php on line 149

Server Details:

Web Server Software Apache
MySQL Version 5.6.37
PHP Version 7.0.25

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this as it is holding up our production launch. Thank you!

Comments

• Try downgrading to PHP version 5.6, there have been issues reported with version 7.0
  • Thanks for the reply blueyeguy. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue. 
  • Any consultants interested in getting paid to help me fix this issue? 
  • edited November 7
    @relievemypc 

Maybe this helps you: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/3397
    This seem to me the same issue like you have.

The command from rayfoss seems to be a kind of repair operation for files which are broken after the install.
    But I would anyway recommend a backup of your system before you do repair operations. Can make live easier ;-)
  • Ok, I think I was mistaken. This command only seems to determine which files are broken.
    There is no explanation how to set the proper mask.

It seems without more information from people which are knowing this better the only way would be to reinstall under php 5.6. and try to import the existing database and configuration. Maybe the moderator or a developer has an better idea..
  • I have two installations of OS ticket installed both with the following settings:

One works after the clean install and one does not when doing the upgrade. My guess is that my previous developer created custom database entries directly in the database and not from the admin console. Could this be an issue?

MySQL Version5.6.37
    PHP Version7.0.25
  • The other people in the github report who have noticed that behavior don't seem to have done that and are getting nevertheless this error (can't imagine that especially one of the developers "rayfoss" did changes directly in the database). So I guess this is not the reason for this behavior.

I still think the best way to fix it is make a fresh install and use the existing installation with this files after that. 

Maybe it is enough to copy the php files from your working fresh install to the not working installation and only preserve the config-file. Then you have not to import and adjust things. When the reason was really that files are broken after the upgrade then copying and overwriting the php files should fix it.
  • edited November 8
    I have not seen that there was a reference to another issue report https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/pull/3621.
    It seems the conversion of hex streams is not working correct so that wrong values (zero instead of correct hex values) will be saved in the database and therefore some fields are disabled (if I understand the comments correct). 

Check the form section of osticket to see if fields are disabled and enable them again.
  • I would also check the list item section especially the property tab. Via the config button you can reach the settings tab and check if something is there not enabled and re-enable it.
  • You could try restoring your DB to the "clean install" and see what happens.
  • edited November 13
    Here is another user who reported this behavior:
    https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/4075

In his case some rows in the table ost_form_field are missing. And this already before he updated from 1.9.14.
  • Ended up hiring a dev to fix the issue and map old ticket data. It's now fixed. Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • No problem. Helping is a good motivation. Did you have the same problem like the user in the github report or was it different? The answer could help other users in the future who are facing similar problems..