Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Transfer of Tickets

Hi there

I've recently installed osTicket v1.10.1 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server.  I am monitoring roughly 30 email addresses - all linked to a unique department/subdepartment.  I would like agents to be able to transfer a ticket from one department to another without losing track of it.  By this I mean - we get hundreds of emails to certain of our email addresses.  I would like the destination team to know when a ticket needs to be actioned by them.  Would it be better to assign to a team or transfer to a department.  The agents in one department do not necessarily have any rights in the destination department.  I had one ticket being assigned to the destination team and it does not appear in anyone's view (not under My Tickets/Answered/Open), yet it is under "My Tickets" on the sending agent's list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• I would say that you would want to try to setup a Team and see if it works the way you want it to.  The "destination team" would always know that the ticket needs to be actioned on since they would be the team or department that the ticket is assigned to and are the ones that can see and interact with the ticket.
  • Thanks for the reply.  I have managed to solve this by enabling "Restrict ticket assignment to department members" for each department.  This automatically unassigns a ticket when being transferred to a department they are not a part of.  Thank you! :)