Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Don't accept attachments via email

I use OSTickets and Alfresco. Through an email send documentation to Alfresco and we also open a ticket at the same time. In a mail we put Alfresco address mail and OSTicket address mail too. Through a filter, when the mail arrives at OSTickets, it processes and assigns it. 

The problem is that this attachment I don't need it in OSTicket. 

Does anyone know how I could indicate that I don't accept attachments via email?

Thanks

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

You may be able to setup something at:
    Admin panel -> Manage -> Ticket Filters
  • I don't seen any options there to reject attachments from mails.

I don't know if I can edit the osticket code so I don't get attachments from mails :S

These are my server data:

Versión osTicket: v1.9.15 (70898b3) — Up to date
    Servidor del Software Web: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
    Versión MySQL: 5.1.73
    Versión PHP: 5.3.3

I use a Lotus Domino Server. I'm also investigating options that don't accept attachments in the mail. 
  • edited September 13
    I know that it is not an only problem. I have heard that somebody attached to this e-mails some viruses
  • This is also a big problem. 

In my operation, my users send an email with attachments to two email addresses. One email address belongs to a document manager who stores these attachments. The other address belongs to OSTickets and automatically opens a ticket.

I want either OSTciket not to take the mail attachment or the server doesn't accept the attachment. I have this problem. 
  • Hi colleagues,

I'm researching about this. I've though that I can modify the configuration of cron and indicate that no process the attachment files. What do you think about this??
  • FYI: This has been added as an option in my rewriting plugin: 

Works fine if you only want it for that, just use the config to turn everything else off. 
  • Hello gbernabe,

here my system:

Server Information
    osTicket Version v1.9.15 (70898b3) — Up to date
    Web Server Software Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
    MySQL Version 5.5.57
    PHP Version 5.6.30-0+deb8u1

I'm going another way ... when I open OR create a ticket  (as agent), all attachments are automatically deleted from the osticket database:

Notice: I use    ost_    as prefix!

Edit:
    /include/staff/ticket-view.inc.php

//Get the goodies.
    $dept  = $ticket->getDept();  //Dept
    $staff = $ticket->getStaff(); //Assigned or closed by..
    $user  = $ticket->getOwner(); //Ticket User (EndUser)
    $team  = $ticket->getTeam();  //Assigned team.
    $sla   = $ticket->getSLA();
    $lock  = $ticket->getLock();  //Ticket lock obj
    $id    = $ticket->getId();    //Ticket ID.

// start of my mod

// count the attachment's of the open ticket 
    $total=db_count('select count(*) from ost_ticket_attachment, ost_file_chunk,ost_file 
    where ticket_id = '.db_input($id).'
    and 
    ost_ticket_attachment.file_id = ost_file_chunk.file_id 
    and
    ost_file.id = ost_file_chunk.file_id
    and
    ost_file.id = ost_ticket_attachment.file_id');

// echo $total;

if ($total > 0){
    $query=('delete ost_ticket_attachment, ost_file_chunk,ost_file 
    from ost_ticket_attachment, ost_file_chunk,ost_file 
    where ticket_id = '.db_input($id).' 
    and
    ost_ticket_attachment.file_id = ost_file_chunk.file_id 
    and
    ost_file.id = ost_file_chunk.file_id
    and
    ost_file.id = ost_ticket_attachment.file_id');

$res = db_query($query);
    }
    // end of my mod

Best Regards
    citrixraptor

• Hi citrixraptor,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

With your mod, when a agent open a ticket, in this moment all attachment of this ticket are removed.

Is it correctly??
  • With grizlys plugin the attachments wont ever enter the system and if you need to upgrade osticket in the future plugins wont get affected but core modifications will, just a heads up
  • The Grizly plugin works perfectly with OSTicket 1.10.1.

Attachments that arrive by email when creating a new ticket are not included.

I have found a bug that I have commented to Grizzly.

When a user responds to an agent response mail, this response is added to the ticket and if there is an attachment in the response, in this case, if it is added to the ticket.
  • It's possible to remove those as well, just needs another signal listener. Could add it if you want, however, just discovered there is a setting to remove attachments in core:

/scp/settings.php?t=tickets select "Config" next to Ticket Attachment Settings". then deselect the box "Enables attachments, regardless of channel"

• Plugin updated with that function. Tested, works for inline images as well! 
  • You're a great guy. Thanks for your help.