Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Allow user awnser and update ticket replying the e-mail from operator

Hi folks

How can I do that, Is possible the user reply email operator and the ticket is updated with this awnser or is mandatory be logged to do this?

How is possible do this configuration?

Thanks

Comments

• What do you mean by "email operator" do you mean User or Agent? 

Documentation you should read: 
  • Agent... ;)

If the agent send one ticket update to the user, is possible the user reply directly using the e-mail whithout login into osticket?

Thanks 
  • edited August 10
    Users can replied to emails from the ticket system and update the ticket yes.  Just setup email. (see documentation links previously posted)
  • ntozier thanks

Now it´s working but when the user replied the e-mail one new ticket is create. Is possible keep the same ticket number? I dont found where I can change this option.

Thank you in advance

• Is the ticket closed when they reply? (and have you disabled their ability to re-open?)

Go to: 
    Admin panel -> Manage -> Lists -> Ticket Statuses
    Edit Closed.
    Ensure "Allow ticket on this status to be reopened by end users" is checked.
    Click Save

Do you have the ticket number in the subject?
  • Yes I have
  • I asked two questions and your response is "yes i have".  I'm not sure what to make of that.

• Ho sorry about my fault

Is the ticket closed when they reply? (and have you disabled their ability to re-open?)

No, the ticket is still open

Do you have the ticket number in the subject?

Yes I have the number in the subject

Thank you very much again
  • Then I dont know why it would open a new ticket unless they are not replying to the last email they got from the system, or if they are using an email client that doesn't properly follow the email RFCs and utilize the message-id header.
  • I got it! I will check this situation.

Thank you sir