Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Another PHP WSOD Thread

Hello OST team. I was attempting to upgrade OST from 1.9 to 1.10 tonight, following along with the instructions at http://www.tmib.net/upgrading-osticket-19x-current-110. I have a CentOS 6.8 server, Apache 2.2, and (now) PHP 5.5.38. I did upgrade PHP from 5.3 per the instructions listed at the site above. All was going smooth as I unzipped the 1.10 files to override my current instance. Now I get the WSOD upon browsing to anything inside /scp. Since I put my site into offline mode before the upgrade, all "client" facing pages show that my support site is offline - as it should.

Checking the SSL error logs, I found this interesting bit:
[Wed Apr 19 21:11:41 2017] [error] [client ] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'InconsistentModelException' with message 'Unable to prepare query: Table 'support.ost_translation' doesn't exist SELECT A1.* FROM `ost_translation` A1 WHERE (A1.`lang` = 'en_US' AND A1.`type` = 'phrase')' in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php:3134\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(3180): MySqlExecutor->execute()\n#1 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1771): MySqlExecutor->getArray()\n#2 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1815): ModelInstanceManager->{closure}()\n#3 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1794): CallbackSimpleIterator->next()\n#4 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1803): CallbackSimpleIterator->rewind()\n#5 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1463): CallbackSimpleIterator->valid()\n#6 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1480): CachedResultSet->fillTo(9223372036854775807)\n#7 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php(1489): CachedResultSet->asArray()\n#8 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.translation.php(899) in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.orm.php on line 3134

This seems to be the only PHP error that shows up in my logs when I browse to /scp/login.php. I tried circumventing login.php and browsed manually to other .php files - upgrade.php being one - and that shows the OSTicket login page, apparently with the newer version as the background is different than was 1.9. Trying to enter LDAP login information here brings me back the WSOD and this shows up in my ssl_error logs:

[Wed Apr 19 21:26:14 2017] [error] [client 192.168.101.20] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Net_LDAP2_RootDSE::__construct() must be public (as in class PEAR) in phar:///opt/osticket/upload/include/plugins/auth-ldap.phar/include/Net/LDAP2/RootDSE.php on line 238, referer: https://support.bgctnv.org/scp/login.php
[Wed Apr 19 21:26:56 2017] [error] [client 192.168.101.20] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Net_LDAP2_RootDSE::__construct() must be public (as in class PEAR) in phar:///opt/osticket/upload/include/plugins/auth-ldap.phar/include/Net/LDAP2/RootDSE.php on line 238, referer: https://support.bgctnv.org/scp/login.php

LDAP errors I can troubleshoot later once the upgrade is complete. Until then, any ideas? And thanks for an awesome product!

Comments

  • 1.10 seems to prefer PHP 5.6, I would start by updating to that and seeing what happens.

  • Thanks blueyeguy, but upgrading PHP didn't resolve it:

    PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Jan 19 2017 08:09:42)

    I did notice that the table in question (support.ost_translation), in fact, does not exist:

    mysql> show tables
    ....
     ost_team_member          |
    | ost_ticket               |
    | ost_ticket__cdata        |
    | ost_ticket_attachment    |
    | ost_ticket_collaborator  |
    | ost_ticket_email_info    |
    | ost_ticket_event         |
    | ost_ticket_lock          |
    | ost_ticket_priority      |
    | ost_ticket_status        |
    | ost_ticket_thread        |
    | ost_timezone             |
    | ost_user                 |
    ....

    This same issue was reported in #2302, but that was for the 1.10RC. Not sure what gives on my instance. I pulled 1.10 directly from http://osticket.com/download.
  • After some tribulation I "re-unzipped" the OST 1.10 .tar back over my current instance. I was able to access the web console upgrade sequence page by browsing manually to .../upgrade.php.

  • If you are trying to upgrade with a language pack installed, it might be a better idea to remove the language pack, then do the upgrade, then get the new updated language packs for 1.10

  • I have no other language packs installed besides en_US
Sign In or Register to comment.