Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Getting Email IMAP/SMTP working [GoDaddy]

I have osTicket installed via 1-click install on GoDaddy (i.e. have no access to console/command line for iptables, etc.).

I cannot get the inbound or outbound email account setup to work. Every time I do it I get a long wait and an error about "No Route to Server" or something like that. I know the credentials are good.

Here are the server settings I was given:
Incoming: imap.secureserver.net, port 993, SSL
Outgoing: smtpout.secureserver.net, port 465, SSL

I also tried to get it to work with my Gmail account just to see if I could.
Not working - same error.

What might be the issue??
Tagged:

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance. The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

• I feel like you should call GoDaddy.... several people running osTicket have had to call their support becausethey were running afoul of mod_security rules.
  • Were you able to find a fix for this issue? I am receiving the same error, and installed via Installatron as well.
  • Please see my previous response.
  • I was able to get it working by putting ssl:// in front of the SMTP server as you suggested in another post. Thanks.