Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Feature Request: Remove Agent When Assigning Team

Either that, or give us an option to remove the agent when transferring departments.  We're making high utilization of both, and finding that we're having to take too many steps to accomplish.  1.  Transfer Department 2.  Transfer to another agent

How is a team supposed to know it's been transferred to the team if the agent's name is still showing on it?

Comments

• Q: How is a team supposed to know it's been transferred to the team if the agent's name is still showing on it?
    A: They would know because they can see the ticket.
  • They can also see the ticket because it's moved departments.

We're having to take three steps right now:

1.  Transfer departments
    2.  Reassign to team
    3.  Assign to "No agent assigned"

It's a three step process that requires going back into the ticket at each step.  Very cumbersome.

We have people who are in multiple departments, and across multiple teams.  When they see an actual name on it, they assume the name on it is the person who is working on it.  We're making extensive use of the team feature, and there is no indicator that the person whose name is on it is not actually working on it anymore, but that it's been assigned to a new team instead.

A lot of this I think will end up resolved in 1.10 when we can have people in multiple departments.  I'll be able to clean up the excess of teams, but it would still be really nice to remove-assignment-from-ticket-on-department-transfer and remove-person-assignment-from-ticket-on-team-assignment.

Is there a better way to do this workflow that I'm missing?
  • edited December 2016
    I agree with you here. This can be done by a small change in the code.

Un-assign agent on Assignment to a Team

Function :  function assign(AssignmentForm $form, &$errors, $alert=true)
    Line: Approx 2209

ADD $this->staff_id = 0;

Therefore FROM
                } else {
                    $this->team_id = $assignee->getId();
                    $evd = array('team' => $assignee->getId());
                }
    TO
                } else {
                    $this->team_id = $assignee->getId();
    $this->staff_id = 0;
                    $evd = array('team' => $assignee->getId());