osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
Teams, Groups, and Departments question
I am trying to setup osTicket for our support emails. In our set up I have the following groups, teams, and departments setup:
- Admin - a special group for the admin user, will not answer tickets and should not be assigned tickets as a user or department.
- Support - this is the main support group providing 2nd level support.
- Resellers - this group is for our resellers, initial incoming support tickets will be filtered by email addresses to the correct reseller.
- Development - for the dev team in case tickets need to be escalated to them
- Sales - for future sales members
So like I said I set the above up each as a team, group, and department.
I'm not sure how these are supposed to really work. I see how to assign tickets to users and how to set it so tickets can be assigned to departments only.
I don't see how to assign to teams or how to block departments from having tickets assigned to them. For example I don't want the Admin team/group to receive any tickets.
I would like the resellers to assign tickets to only the support department and see no one else in their assign to list. Support should be able to assign to development and resellers and individual users. Same for development.
I'm not sure if this is totally clear, if not let me know and I'll try for a better explanation
EDITED by moderator Chefkeks
REASON: Formatting was awful, made the whole post nearly unreadable