Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Show "assigned staff" AND "department" in Open Tickets View

As #coolemail suggested, can this feature be added to future versions?

Select option to: show both "assigned agent" & "department" in Open Tickets View.
This will be a convenient for enforcers to check the status of each "departments" & "agents" at a glance.

reference:

Comments

• My understanding is that there is a planed feature called custom queue's that is coming which allows the admin to determine which fields are displayed on the queues... so sadly I doubt that this will be accepted as a patch until then.
  • That actually sounds more flexible! good to know there's an option to customize the display.
  • Well there will be.  :)
  • Any idea when this feature will be available?

K
  • Q: Any idea when this feature will be available?
    A: No idea.  When its released.
  • edited February 2015
    As #coolemail suggested, can this feature be added to future versions? Select option to: show both "assigned agent" & "department" in Open Tickets View. This will be a convenient for enforcers to check the status of each "departments" & "agents" at a glance. reference: http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/83717/open-ticket-view-can-we-change-fields#latest
    Since this feature is not available yet, I started using canned response with variables. As soon as canned response is used for updating the ticket notes, a mail is sent to requestor with pre-made replies.

My canned response looks like below

We have acknowledged your request. 

Please be informed that, this ticket is assigned to %{ticket.assigned} (%{ticket.dept}) and your request will be addressed as early as possible.

Due date for this ticket is 
    %{ticket.due_date} (as per pre-defined SLA), this ticket will be resolved on or before due date.

The catch here is, you need to assign this request to an agent first and then select the canned response. The variables in the canned respone will be converted to the actual values.

• Good call @SantoshB!