Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Is there login Auth with external DB?

Hi to All,

I want to use my existing user DB for login on osTicket. 
Is there any option or modification to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Any suggestion ??
  • edited June 2014
    In case you are using latest osTicket (1.9.2) or able to upgrade to, you could use LDAP or HTTP/Webserver authentication for login into osTicket.

Can you please provide more info about your setup (like: http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/75845/please-read-before-requesting-assistance#latest), what kind of "existing user DB" you have (mysql database, ldap, ...?) and if authentication against your webserver or ldap solve this problem?
  • Thanks Chefkeks  for quick reply.
    I am using the latest osTicket (1.9.2) & my existing user DB is on mysql.
    I have a web service to authenticate the users that web service i want to use in osTicket for login (if possible).

• We need to pull some information from another database thus we need to connect to the other database.
    ( IT IS NOT THE OSticket database just remote connect, we need to connect to another database but on the same
    server )
    Unfortunately the connection to the database is refused or it does not work.

The following code has been inserted to the file viewticket.inc.php

$objConnect = mysql_pconnect('hostname','username','password') or die("Unable to connect to SQL server");
    $objDB = mysql_select_db('databasename') or die("Unable to select database");
  • forgot to mention it is still osTicket 1.6
  • @weeramon please read do not hijack other peoples threads, also please read and follow this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.