Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

internal tickets without end-user

Hello,
it is possible to create ticket from staff member to department or another staff member WITHOUT end-user?
I want create internal tickets for people in my company, without assigned a client.
Tagged:

Comments

• Login as staff, click New Ticket?
    Don't bother to log in at all, click New ticket?
  • I created PRIVATE ticket topic to internal cowork, but osticket still require user name and e-mail address to comfirm ticket:-/

Screen Shot 06-06-14 at 10.20 AM.PNG
    868 x 679 - 34K
  • Yes.  These are required fields.
  • What you are trying to do is not possible as the fields are required as ntozier already said.

May the following suggestion is ok for you as a workaround:
    Create the ticket (within the staff panel) as the person who is then also working on/assigned to the ticket. E.g. Staff member Alice creates a ticket for Staff member Bob and also assigns Bob as the staff working on the ticket. This way only staff members are involved and not any end user.
    Only thing I currently do not know but I think you have to create an user client account then first (if not created automatically based on your setup) for Bob.
  • When you search staff member in "Search existing users or add a new user."
    then you can't find any staff member.

• That was the thing I was not sure:
    Only thing I currently do not know but I think you have to create an user client account then first (if not created automatically based on your setup) for Bob.
    But when you say:
    When you search staff member in "Search existing users or add a new user."
    then you can't find any staff member.
    I can now tell you, that the only workaround is to create an internal ticket by creating the user account(s) for the staff member(s) first since staff accounts can not be used to create a ticket currently. Otherwise I do not think that this is possible.
  • Thanks for taking a part od discussion - probably best solution is create accounts for staff members, and I will do it.
  • But in this case, employees must have two separate accounts one as a staff, and second as normal user.

And I had hoped to be able to send notification not only for staff members, but also Staff / Team / Group / Department.

I this case, another thing How to do Tickekt to the entire group at one time ?

Here, I started this topic:

• Yes that's true, but unfortunately it's currently the only possibility since a staff member can not open a ticket.
    You could include the staff / team / group / department as collaborators... I know not a good, but working suggestion.
  • edited June 2014
    Thank you. 
    Sorry for such probing questions, I use this system for two weeks. 
    I want to determine what is possible and what the implications associated with it. 

So I ask another question. 

If a staff member has their login as a user, 
    If I do a ticket/notification for this staff member, ie to the user, whether any other staff member will see this ticket/report? 

example: 
    if I want to submit a ticket, for the accounting department, but only to his messages, I understand that now must be made such tickets per user, and, unfortunately, every other staff member will see the contents of this information?

• Yes that's correct, other staff members of the same department will usually see that info.

There is currently no way to do this if I am right.

And you do not have to be sorry for questioning. Better questions and suggestions than complaining only about missing features or bugs ;)
  • Could you just create a department with only a few people in it?
  • Yes sure, but I do not see any advantage when you create another department only for users / staff to create internal tickets. But if it helps you just do/test it ;)