Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Cannot Upgrade from 1.6ST to 1.7.7

Hello,

I am attempting to upgrade our test environment to the latest version. We are currently on ver. 1.6ST, and I have read that it is recommended to upgrade to 1.7.xx before upgrading to 1.8.1.2. 

I replaced the contents of the wwwroot folder with the 1.7.7 upload folder, then navigated to the website. On login, I receive the following error, though it will take me to the first upgrade page:

[DELETE FROM ost_session WHERE session_id='lmm737725nheracle5v4960rj5']

Table 'helpdesk.ost_session' doesn't exist

After clicking upgrade, I receive the below DB errors, and the web page stops on a "Page could not be loaded" screen.

[SELECT team_id FROM ost_team_member WHERE staff_id=2]

Table 'helpdesk.ost_team_member' doesn't exist

__________________________________________________________

[SELECT dept_id FROM ost_group_dept_access WHERE group_id=1]

Table 'helpdesk.ost_group_dept_access' doesn't exist


I attempted to add the tables manually using the scripts from the install-mysql.php file and suggestions from the forum. When the tables are manually entered, the upgrade appears to proceed; however, it eventually fails with the following message:

[/**

 *  Move dept_access from group table to group_dept_access table.

 *

 * @version 1.7-rc1 Dept_Access

 */

 

CREATE TABLE `ost_group_dept_access` (

  `group_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

  `dept_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

  UNIQUE KEY `group_dept`  (`group_id`,`dept_id`),

  KEY `dept_id` (`dept_id`)

) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8] Table 'ost_group_dept_access' already exists


I have also attempted adding the ost_group_dept_access table to begin the upgrade, than removing it after it starts. I then receive the same error above stating that the table is missing. All other tables are successfully added by the upgrade process after I manually add the three tables mentioned above, so I don't believe it is a permissions issue.

I have attempted the upgrade with both utf8_general_ci and utf8_unicode_ci encoding. They both produce the same results described above. I am at a loss as to what to do. PHP logs only show time out errors, and the upgrader errors are as described above. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Current OST Version: 1.6ST (Attempting upgrade to 1.7.7)

PHP Version: 5.3.28

DB Version: MariaDB 5.5.36

IIS 7 on Windows 7 Professional 32bit (test environment)

Comments

  • Try an earlier version of 1.7.  (like 1.7ST)
  • That worked, Thank You ntozier!

    I did have to do a bit of work, as it seems jumps between more than 1 release difference doesn't work, at least not for me.

    I eventually followed this upgrade path to get it working:

    1.6ST (Current Version) => 1.7.0 => 1.7.7 => 1.8.0.4 => 1.8.1.2

    Skipping any of the versions between this flow led to DB errors and failed upgrades. I had the added challenge of not being able to access github, as it is blocked on our corporate network (a whole 'nother problem... :) ).

    Thank you again for your suggestion, ntozier. I hope this helps someone else in the future.
  • @skhan, glad that my idea helped you.  I'll definitely point this thread out to the devs so that they are aware of the upgrader issues you encountered.  Also thank you for posting your experience here hopefully someone else will see this if they have a similar problem.
This discussion has been closed.