Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Delay in email fetching

Hi all, hope someone can help or point me to the issue.  I recently installed osticket v1.8.0.2 on my Ubuntu 12.04 server.  I configured osTicket with a mailbox and set it to fetch email via IMAP from an Exchange 2007 server.  Also I set up a cron job following the steps on the Wiki.  The cron job is supposed to enable fetching email every 5 minutes.    The following is entered cron job was added with "sudo crontab -e" to run the job as root:

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/osticket/api/cron.php

The osTicket server is fetching email fine from the support@mydomain.org mailbox, and tickets get created automatically.  However there seems to be a delay where it takes more than 5 minutes between when the email is sent in and when the ticket is created.  For example, I sent an email to support@mydomain.org and at 1:00pm and the ticket is created at 1:10pm (should have taken 5 minutes at most).  Other times, it seems to fetch the mail and create the ticket within the 5 minute window as expected.   It seems random in nature and I can't see why there is a delay.  Any ideas?  Do you think it's a cron issue or something configuration setting in osTicket?    If you have any clues or advice please let me know!

Cheers,
Chris
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello, any idea of this issue? I have the same problem, but some times I have hour of delay
  • hi, anybody got solution for this issue? I have the same problem, some time it's taking long time.
  • Without knowing more about your setup and config, not really.
  • Well v1.8.0.2 isn't really supported anymore so I don't know that anyone would be able to assist you.  Also please do not be a necromancer... start your own thread instead of reviving one from May 2016.

Closing zombie thread with a head shot.
This discussion has been closed.