Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.9.4-RC2 is now available! Go get it now

MOD: Managing Multiple Departments

This was a rather small mod I made for how my ticket system is needed to work. I just figured I'd share it.

Effect: Allows you to choose any staff member as a department manager regardless of the department they are in. This means that if you need one person to be the manager of multiple departments, you can do so.

in include/staff/dept.inc.php

Change:
<? if($info['dept_id']) { //update 
$users= db_query('SELECT staff_id,CONCAT_WS(\" \",firstname,lastname) as name FROM '.STAFF_TABLE.' WHERE dept_id='.db_input($info['dept_id']));
?>

To:
<? if($info['dept_id']) { //update 
$users= db_query('SELECT staff_id,CONCAT_WS(\" \",firstname,lastname) as name FROM '.STAFF_TABLE);
?>

In the future I'll look at ammending this post with a second mod on allowing multipl managers for a dept. Since that doesn't effect me atm, it'll have some wait time :p

Comments

• Thanks, this was exactly what I needed (thought you might like to know).
  • Thanks

Thanks, excellent mod, this is what I needed too.
  • Perfect!

Exactly what I needed... thanks.
  • Thanks

Thanks alot for the help!!!
  • Thanks for your help!
  • said:

In the future I'll look at ammending this post with a second mod on allowing multipl managers for a dept. Since that doesn't effect me atm, it'll have some wait time :p

Thanks for the mod!

Is the second mod available yet? Just curious since it's been over a year since this one was published.
  • said:

Thanks for the mod!

Is the second mod available yet? Just curious since it's been over a year since this one was published.

Seconded. I'm trying to avoid a particularly ugly hack to attach users to multiple departments, and any solution you can come up with will most likely be more elegant than mine. ;-)
  • sorry for asking, but where the mod is available?
  • allowing multipl managers for a dept.

That´s what i need. Do you have it?
  • allowing multipl managers for a dept.

do you have any advance with this?
  • Thanks

This is very, very useful. Thanks