Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The osTicket team is pleased to announce availability of osTicket, v1.8.1.2, the latest stable release in 1.8.x series. For more information please read our release blog post.

MOD: Managing Multiple Departments

This was a rather small mod I made for how my ticket system is needed to work. I just figured I'd share it.

Effect: Allows you to choose any staff member as a department manager regardless of the department they are in. This means that if you need one person to be the manager of multiple departments, you can do so.

in include/staff/dept.inc.php

Change:
<? if($info['dept_id']) { //update 
$users= db_query('SELECT staff_id,CONCAT_WS(\" \",firstname,lastname) as name FROM '.STAFF_TABLE.' WHERE dept_id='.db_input($info['dept_id']));
?>

To:
<? if($info['dept_id']) { //update 
$users= db_query('SELECT staff_id,CONCAT_WS(\" \",firstname,lastname) as name FROM '.STAFF_TABLE);
?>

In the future I'll look at ammending this post with a second mod on allowing multipl managers for a dept. Since that doesn't effect me atm, it'll have some wait time :p

Comments

• Thanks, this was exactly what I needed (thought you might like to know).
  • Thanks

Thanks, excellent mod, this is what I needed too.
  • Perfect!

Exactly what I needed... thanks.
  • Thanks

Thanks alot for the help!!!
  • Thanks for your help!
  • said:

In the future I'll look at ammending this post with a second mod on allowing multipl managers for a dept. Since that doesn't effect me atm, it'll have some wait time :p

Thanks for the mod!

Is the second mod available yet? Just curious since it's been over a year since this one was published.
  • said:

Thanks for the mod!

Is the second mod available yet? Just curious since it's been over a year since this one was published.

Seconded. I'm trying to avoid a particularly ugly hack to attach users to multiple departments, and any solution you can come up with will most likely be more elegant than mine. ;-)
  • sorry for asking, but where the mod is available?
  • allowing multipl managers for a dept.

That´s what i need. Do you have it?
  • allowing multipl managers for a dept.

do you have any advance with this?
  • Thanks

This is very, very useful. Thanks